Monday, October 1, 2012

Winner!

We have taken a vote, and number one, Blueberries, was the winner! So, here is the story behind the picture and the picture you all loved so much.




"When I saw the challenge of taking a photograph of something that represents your childhood, I was excited and immediately began thinking of ideas. I thought of climbing trees, the beach, barbies, legos, disney princesses and dress up. But I decided that I wanted to do something out of the ordinary, perhaps unexpected. Since I grew up on a blueberry farm in Western Michigan, many of my days were spent running through the blueberries, eating them off the branches, playing hide and seek and lazer tag in them at night- I knew what I wanted my photo to be! Blueberries are not easy to find in Orem, Utah, but I remembered seeing a small bunch of berries by our old apartment, and so I headed over with my camera and took some pictures. And while I wouldn't dare eat these ones right off the vine, they remind me of happy days, a simpler time... they remind me of home and of my childhood.


Thank you everyone that voted for my photo :-) It was definitely some stiff competition! All of the photos were great and deserved to win. I feel so honored, and I truly thank you all!"-- Chantel, contestant number 1.


Be sure to watch for our next competition coming up this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture "Blueberry Sal" and great story!
    But you better watch you back in the next competition. ;)

    ReplyDelete