Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Christmas Village

Every Christmas I like to make a Christmas movie to get into the spirit of the season, and as a nice souvenir. After my time in Argentina I made, “How the Gaucho Stole Christmas”, and the following year brought, “The Punisher Christmas Special”. I had to break from Christmas filmmaking for a couple of years, and this year I wanted to come back with a vengeance. This year's project, "The Christmas Village" has been several years in the making.

For a long time I had wanted to make a movie about someone getting sucked into a Christmas Village, but it never came together. This year I finally had everything I needed to make it happen. It was a fun project and a big undertaking but I am really proud of what I have been able to do on no budget.

I have worked with green screening several times before, but this was the first large project I have attempted that was green screened. I learned a lot and the screening came out great. Many of my favorite actors came back for this project. Jimmy Hepworth, my favorite town heckler takes a lead role. Tom Arnold is back in the role of a tall and grumpy man. I was also happy to welcome Josh Twitchell and my sister Emily into the production.

I hope to have the video up soon but in the meantime here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite.










No comments:

Post a Comment