Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bryn's Top 5 Gifts from 2015:

I am a movie lover. Especially old movies. It would take some time to explain what I love so much about movies and TV, so I won't do that now. I will say that some of my favorite gifts are movies. Especially old ones, and, even more especially, I like getting new ones I haven't seen! Yay! Here are some great gifts I got last year.

Honorable Mention- For Christmas, my husband gave me Gidget: The Complete Series! It's only one season, and it is so silly, but I love it! I rented all the discs from Netflix a while ago, and I just love it. Sally Field when she was 16! Aaahhh! So good. I have had the movies for years.  I grew up on the first two movies. Seriously, if you are into teen beach movies, check them out. I, personally, could do without Gidget Goes to Rome. Just stick with Gidget and Gidget Goes Hawaiian. They are amazing!


5- The Andy Hardy Collection, Volume 1: I am so excited about this! Technically, my Dad gave me money for my birthday, and I bought the collection with it. But, I am gonna count it as a gift from him. Mickey Rooney made somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen or so films about the Hardy family. I think about two of them have Judy Garland also. They have great chemistry! I only watched two of them since I got it. I need to get the second Volume because they did not separate them in chronological order. I HATE watching things out of order. I can't do it. I always feel like I am missing something. So, since they are all scattered around the two volumes I need to get the second so I can watch them in order. But, I am still really excited about these!


4- Fred and Ginger Volume 1: I have to admit, I was not all that familiar with Fred & Ginger movies. I think I had seen one before my sister in law gave me this set for my birthday. But, I watched these and I loved them! They definitely have their faults, but they have some amazing moments too! In fact, I am such a fan, I may have to go buy the second set of their movies on my own. Check them out if you like cheesy, dance movies. They were incredibly talented!


3- Bogie and Bacall Collection: The Big Sleep, Dark Passage, To Have and Have Not, and Key Largo. Neither of us have watched Key Largo yet, but we both loved The Big Sleep and Dark Passage. I watched To Have and Have Not with my sister in law, (the one who gave me Fred and Ginger) and we really liked it! Check them out if you are at all into Film Noir. Powerhouse couple, on screen and off!


2- Wonder Woman: The Complete Series: GUYS. For real, right now. This is so great! My husband just loves me. He got this for me for Christmas, and I could not be more excited! I used to watch a bunch of old shows like this and The 6 Million Dollar Man, and The Bionic Woman, and The Incredible Hulk with my family all the time. Good stuff, these 1970's shows! (I also got into The Rockford Files for a while a couple of years ago, but that's a story for another time.) Feel free to check out any of these shows on my recommendation! They are fantastic!


1- Best gift of 2015 is Sinatra 100: Frank Sinatra had his 100th birthday on December 12th, 2015. So, there has been a lot of new Sinatra merchandise to go along with his Centennial. Brian bought this for me for Christmas, and I am so excited to sit down and flip through it! I don't normally read a lot of Biography type stuff, but I do like them for old singers and actors/actresses. One of the silliest things I geek out over, I guess. Haha! My husband must really love me! Look at all the amazing stuff he buys for me! Gee whiz!

What gifts did you get that you loved? Did you watch any old movies last year that you hadn't seen before? Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment